[AccessD] A2000: Am I blind? (swe)

Steve Erbach erbachs at gmail.com
Mon Feb 14 11:17:09 CST 2005

Charlotte,

Now, now, you're talking to someone who took a long time to be weaned
away from Paradox. It's like giving a sniff of whiskey to an
alcoholic, you understand? There are things that can be done with the
default report designer in Paradox for Windows that cannot be done in
Access -- e.g., nesting continuous subreports inside a continuous
subreport inside a continuous subreport. I miss that.

And, regarding not being able to bind a query to a report, you're
right. I was very happy to see that capability in Access.

Not sure what you mean by Paradox queries defaulting to totals
queries. It defaults to a SELECT DISTINCT MakeTable query, that I
know. But "totals" queries by default? Can't picture what you mean.

But it's all so academic now that Corel has stopped all development on
Paradox. My list of Access vs. Paradox had quite a lot more on the
Access side of the ledger by the time I gave it up.

Steve Erbach