[AccessD] OT: What are you lot doing now and then?

Charlotte Foust cfoust at infostatsystems.com
Fri Feb 18 10:23:58 CST 2005

1. VB.Net against Access or SQL Server.  Minimal Access development

2. I used to build desktop apps either as part of my job or for personal
clients.  Now I work on developing/maintaining commercial applications
for the drilling industry.

3. Some independent development.  Primarily, I work for a company of 6
people.  I'm one of  vb.Net developers and also one of the Access
developers

4. No certifications, just 25+ years of DB experience.  I don't even
have a degree.  Certifications have to be kept current, and to me they
only mean you passed a test, not that you know how to do anything.  If
you can document experience, a company usually will accept that instead.

Charlotte Foust