[AccessD] OT: What are you lot doing now and then?

Bryan Carbonnell carbonnb at sympatico.ca
Fri Feb 18 20:37:28 CST 2005

On 18 Feb 2005 at 15:35, John Bartow wrote:

> I have a guy sending me an application/database that I'm taking over
> maintenance for. He says it is in/uses Python Pickle. He states that
> he can convert it to most other format via scripts. I mentioned would
> prefer it in Access VBA/mdb or SQLServer. He hasn't responded yet but
> I'm guessing he is having some problems doing that.
>
> Now, I could go out and do all kinds of research on this PP thing but
> it is much easier to just ask here because then I can discuss it with
> someone who knows both systems.

John,

I don't know much excepth that a Python Pickle is a storage format
that Python uses. It can work, and does for our wonderful DBA lists,
but it is a horribly inefficient storage medium. I almost wanted to
call it a database, but it isn't that.

They only way that I know of to get at Python pickles is with Python,
which is available for Windows. Precopmpiled or compile yourself from
python.org

I know, not much help, eh...

Bryan Carbonnell - carbonnb at sympatico.ca
Eat one live toad the first thing in the morning and nothing worse
will happen to you the rest of the day.