[AccessD] OT: What are you lot doing now and then?

bchacc at san.rr.com bchacc at san.rr.com
Sat Feb 19 08:51:04 CST 2005

1) Access developer - mostly 2000, no more 97.  Just got my actionpack
(woo-hoo) to support 2003 which I'm beginning to see a little of and to
make run-times.

2) Been doing it for 5-6 years.  So, same platform, same work.  Except I'm
trying to let all the fee-for-service stuff go and move back into products.
Product is better than service.  With service the upside is limited by the
number of hours you can spend at the computer.  With product, there's no
upside limit.  Of course, you can go broke doing it too.

3) Independent.  The last honest job I had was in 1979.  And that was just
an 18 month hiatus to install a mainframe MRP system.  Then it was back to
the high wire act.  I developed and sold my first product as a junior in
college and was hooked like a gambler.  Never could stand working for
others.

4) No certifications

Rocky Smolin
BEach Access Software