[AccessD] Could not update; currently locked

Jim Dettman jimdettman at earthlink.net
Thu Feb 24 08:43:39 CST 2005

John,

  Sounds like an index or page is being updated and your getting a lock from
that.

  As a first step, make sure your set to:

  "Open databases using record-level locking"

  and "Default Locking" is set to "Edited Record".  However that is a
default only, so make sure the forms are actually set to Edited record.

  That should help pin down the problem further, as you should now get a
lock symbol on a record if two users are really hitting the same record at
the same time.

  If not and you still get lock errors, then it's probably an index update
that's causing a problem.  You'll need to trap the lock error with the Forms
OnError event.  Put in a randomized wait value, then retry the operation
again.

  Maybe a bug too; you were "lucky" enough to hit one of those a couple of
years ago<g>.  Lightening can strike twice.

HTH,
Jim.