[AccessD] Writing HTML to Outlook

Susan Harkins ssharkins at bellsouth.net
Sat Feb 26 09:50:31 CST 2005

Arthur, this isn't a perfect solution, but might help somewhat.

Application.ExportXML acExportReport, reportname, targetpathandname.html

By forcing the .html extension, you create a Web-ready document -- it isn't
perfect by any means. Also, I'm not positive that acExportReport is a
legitimate argument.

I'm not positive I got the syntax above correct, but if not you can figure
that part out easily enough. The trick is to force the .html in the target
file's name. That does't help you embed the file into Outlook, and I doubt
it will help you with the graphics either, so I don't know if this helps you
at all. It would be easy to automate from inside Access, so at least getting
the file in an html ready file could be done easily enough. By controlling
the targetpath, you could automate the sending too -- also from inside
Access.

Susan H.

Does anyone know how to convert an Access report to HTML and then embed it
in an Outlook message? Actually there are two problems.

1. When I save a report to HTML, I lose all its graphics.
2. I don't know how to embed the result in an Outlook message.

Currently my user is saving to a PDF, then loading Adobe and opening the
PDF, then saving it as HTML, then copying and pasting the result into an
Outlook message. It works, but it's tedious, espcially given that when he
needs to do it, he does it several hundred times in succession.

TIA,
Arthur