[AccessD] Send Filtered Report

Anna Hopkins anna at apespools.com
Fri Jan 7 18:39:52 CST 2005

I have spent too much time trying to learn how to send a filtered report.

I searched the archives and found an e-mail from someone who had the exact
same problem...  But the solution does not work for me.  Here is the
original stuff...

...but I would like to add the
ability to email the filtered report.  However instead of sending the
filtered report it sends the whole thing.

DoCmd.OpenReport strReportName, , , strWhere
is what is used to open the report
and
DoCmd.SendObject acReport, strReportName, acFormatRTF,
"<http://databaseadvisors.com/mailman/listinfo/accessd>nancy.lytle at
auatac.com", , -1, "Weekly En Route Rpt"
is used to send it.

So what I would like is similiar to:

DoCmd.SendObject acReport, strReportName(strWhere), acFormatRTF,
"<http://databaseadvisors.com/mailman/listinfo/accessd>nancy.lytle at
auatac.com", , -1, "Weekly En Route Rpt"

Any ideas how to accomplish this?

N Lytle

The solution to Nancy's problem seemed to come from from Stuart McLachlan

How about basng the query underlying the report on the form
parameters rather than filtering at the report level.

Ok back to me...

The problem is that I open/print/would love to e-mail this report from
several forms.

I tried to set the "On Open" Property of the report to a variable but can't
seem to get that to work

I would like my employees to be able to click a button and e-mail a
proposal or invoice.  This seems like it would be a very common need for
people--any ideas?????  What am I missing?