[AccessD] A97 User Security

DWUTKA at marlow.com DWUTKA at marlow.com
Mon Jan 3 14:32:01 CST 2005

Sorry for the delayed response, but from the looks of this thread, you are
either dealing with an .mde renamed as an .mdb.  Possible.  Or you have a
secured .mdb, and you don't have the proper .mdw to get into it.

There are password utilities out there, but they require the .mdw.

There is another option.  This is an Access 97 .mdb.  There is a little
known glitch in Access 97 (without the service packs, because one of the
service packs fixed the glitch!), which allows you to drag and drop database
objects from one database to another, REGARDLESS of security.  So you may
not have access to even open a form, but as long as you can see the database
window, you can drag the form to a blank (unsecured) database, and
everything is copied (code and all).  This is due to the 'bug', which in the
drag and drop 'process', the original (unpatched) code just doesn't bother
to check for security settings before it copies the objects to another
database.

Hope this helps.

Drew