[AccessD] One-click upsizing and downsizing of Access to SQL Serverand back?

Steve Conklin (Developer@UltraDNT) Developer at UltraDNT.com
Mon Jan 3 20:19:26 CST 2005

Ok, I'll bite ...
If the server is down, WHAT exactly will you "downsize"?

Or ... He wants you to "in the background" export the ENTIRE SQL db into
Access after EVERY transaction?

Good luck,
Steve

-----Original Message-----
From: accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com
[mailto:accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com] On Behalf Of Christopher
Hawkins
Sent: Monday, January 03, 2005 7:33 PM
To: accessd at databaseadvisors.com
Subject: [AccessD] One-click upsizing and downsizing of Access to SQL
Serverand back?

This is a strange request.  Bear with me.

I have a client who I am taking from an Access back-end to a SQL Server
backend.  Not having any previous experience with SQL Server, my client
is nervous, and no amount of explaining or references will calm him.
He's asked me to build some sort of routine so that if the SQL Server
goes down, he can "downsize" back to An Access back-end with a single
button click.  He also wants to be able to re-upsize with a single
button click.

If he's willing to pay for the hours, I may as well.  It might turn out
to be a fun project.  ;)

I usually do my upsizing with the Upsizing Wizard.  I am aware of DTS
but have used it only sparingly.

Have any of you done anything like this before?

-Christopher-