[AccessD] One-click upsizing and downsizing of Access to SQL Server and back?

David Mcafee dmcafee at pacbell.net
Tue Jan 4 13:05:24 CST 2005

SQL is a lot more stable than Access. It sounds as if
he might of had some instability or corruption
problems in the past. If he truly fears the
possiblibility of SQL server going down, there are
many tools already built for the purpose that are
available, or as others have mentioned mirroring of
drives and or servers.

If you STILL going to do it, you could run a job on
the SQL server that backs up every hour or so and copy
that back up file to a PC somewhere. Using MSDE on a
PC somewhere you could execute a stored procedure
which would run the restore of the database on this
box and change your ADPs connection to this box.

Fugly, but it would work.

David

--- Christopher Hawkins <clh at christopherhawkins.com>