[AccessD] Date Issue

Gustav Brock Gustav at cactus.dk
Wed Jan 5 06:53:48 CST 2005

Hi Terri

If you put that string inside CDate() you should be off:

datDate = CDate("01-05-2005")

The bulletproof method, however, is to break it into its separate
numeric parts and use DateSerial():

datDate = DateSerial(2005, 1, 5)

/gustav

>>> jarus at amerinet-gpo.com 05-01-2005 13:28:27 >>>
I am linked to a table of data from our AS400/DB2 system and a date
field appears as 20050105.  I need Access to read this as a date -
what
is the best way to handle/convert this field.  I've tried breaking it
apart and putting it back together in a query as 01-05-2005 but Access
does not recognize as a date field.  I want to query out data based on
date - please advise.

Thanks for your help.

Terri Jarus
Vice President, Contract Services