[AccessD] Zip and send to web server

Gustav Brock Gustav at cactus.dk
Thu Jan 20 03:20:11 CST 2005

Hi Reuben

Great!
Freebyte Zip is one exe at <300K.
If you by "install" mean registering a dll, that is not needed - it
just needs to be copied to some place where your app can find it.
But wouldn't that be same for John's dll? It is not always needed to
copy them to the system folder and do a registration.

I have no module for FBZip - guess you hardly need it, the command line
is pretty simple as you would expect.
One limition I've found is that it doesn't respect relative paths like

  ..\parentdir\filetozip.mdb

you have to specify full paths like

  d:\somedir\parentdir\filetozip.mdb

/gustav

>>> reuben at gfconsultants.com 19-01-2005 23:13:15 >>>
Gustav, I downloaded and installed that FTP software and your modules.
They
work perfectly.

I have created a zip process using a class from John Colby, but it
requires
I install a dll on every users computer.

Does the zip package you mention make installation (for me)simpler?
And do
you have a module to run it from within Access?

I already have around 140 installs state wide and need to minimize the
amount of work needed to add this Zip and FTP feature.  I notice that
the
docs say that it does not need to be installed.

I only ask because I would like to have all the info before digging too
far.

Thanks.

Reuben Cummings
GFC, LLC