[AccessD] Access 2003 Runtime

Charlotte Foust cfoust at infostatsystems.com
Tue Jan 25 10:54:12 CST 2005

The license to distribute the runtime comes with the VSTO, period.  In
previous versions, it came with the Office developers edition.  I don't
know why they decided to package the runtime with Access 2003, but that
isn't sufficient to use a runtime application.  You must package the
runtime application using VSTO to include the runtime license. I suspect
that the installer might find the runtime installed on a machine with
Access 2003 and not bother to install the runtime files themselves, but
I haven't tried it.

Charlotte Foust