[AccessD] FW: Find a record in table with intervals

Kaup, Chester Chester_Kaup at kindermorgan.com
Mon Jul 25 09:49:52 CDT 2005

I have table (table1) with dates and a value associated with the date.

For example

1/1/2001                  20

7/13/2003                27

12/26/2003              31

6/4/2004                  33

1/13/2005                40

6/7/2005                  44

I have another table (table 2) with values in it also. Using the date in
this table I need to find the value in table one that would be correct
for that date. It is assumed the value in table one carries forward
until the date changes. The value associated with the last date carries
forward forever.

For example a date of 10/13/2004 should return a value of 33. I was able
to achieve the desired result with several if then else and do loops but
was hoping for a better solution. Was hoping for something like the
vlookup function in Excel.

Thanks.

Chester Kaup

Engineering Technician

Kinder Morgan CO2 Company, LLP

Office (432) 688-3797

No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However a large

FAX (432) 688-3799