[AccessD] Automatic Tracking Number

Gowey Mike W Mike.W.Gowey at doc.state.or.us
Wed Jul 27 09:36:39 CDT 2005

Hi Everyone,

Quick question, I am currently converting all of my tables to SQL and
continuing to use Access as the front end.  Well I have run into one
snag that I can't seem to figure out.  When I enter a new record into
the main table the  tracking number that is automatically being assigned
to the record does not show on the form.  When I had the table on Access
it showed up immediately after I entered the first field of data.  I use
this tracking number to than print a label, but now I have no idea what
number is being assigned.  I look at the SQL table and the record is
there with a tracking number.

Does anyone know how to make the tracking number show on the form?

Thanks for any help that anyone can provide.

Mike Gowey  MCDST, A+, LME, NET+
Team Leader - East Region
Information Systems Unit