[AccessD] OT: Putting a Password and Logon name to an HTTP address

Erwin Craps - IT Helps Erwin.Craps at ithelps.be
Wed Jul 6 02:40:44 CDT 2005

When using the url format you are sending username and password in plain
text format (un-encrypted).
The special dialogbox to enter your username/password is there to send
you password encrypted over the internet.
Probably your webserver refuses un-encrypted passwords, which is a good
thing.

I'm not aware of a technique to workaround this...
I think that just the point of not beeing able to do this for security
reasons.

Erwin