[AccessD] E-Signatures and Audit Trails

MartyConnelly martyconnelly at shaw.ca
Thu Jul 7 18:07:37 CDT 2005

Couple of thoughts which may or may not be useful.

You might want to check through the ARMA site for general info
http://www.arma.org

Download a free 200 page e-book copy from Microsoft needs mail registration
Keeping Your Business Safe from Attack: Passwords and Permissions is a prescriptive guide to
implementing security best practices in a Windows network environment. Covers auditing and DRM

http://list.windowsitpro.com/t?ctl=DEBF:29783

I have seen  this method used to sign PDF forms with a key chain USB
token which
probably could be adapted to Access, the USB contains a digital certificate.

http://www.formrouter.com/digital-signature/index.html

 By e-signatures do you mean something like a PGP key, digital
certificate or a physical signature image
Here is a partial method to start capturing signature images, yo may
need a tablet or some other input device.

Follow these steps to enable handwriting capabilities to Access.

1.  Download and install the TabletPC SDK from MS.  This will register
the InkEdit
and InkPicture controls.
2.  Open Access and go to a form
3.  Select  the Additonal Controls icon and Select the Microsoft InkEdit or
Microsoft InkPicture
4.  Drop the control on the form , right click and select all.  All the
properties and methods will be exposed.

The InkEdit control is a superset of the RichText control. The InkEdit
control is designed
to provide an easy way to capture, display, and recognize ink. InkEd.dll

How did you initially install the control by the Office XP Tablet PC Pack
or by the Ink SDK?

1.  Download and install the TabletPC SDK.  This will register the InkEdit
and InkPicture controls.
2.  Open Access and go to a form
3.  Select  the Additonal Controls icon and Select the Microsoft InkEdit or
Microsoft InkPicture
4.  Drop the control on the form , right click and select all.  All the
properties and methods will be exposed.

Maybe you can set a reference to "Microsoft InkEdit Control"

There should be a registry key set on non tablet pc's
the SDK installer sets the DWORD

\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\M­icrosoft\TabletPC\Controls\Ena­bleInkCollectionOnNonTablets

to be equal to 1.

If you are redistributing the mdb, this has to be set manually by your
installer.

--
Marty Connelly
Victoria, B.C.