[AccessD] Cannot delete from specified tables

Mike & Doris Manning mikedorism at verizon.net
Wed Jul 13 09:54:45 CDT 2005

Try

DELETE [tbl Allocations].*

FROM [tbl Allocations] INNER JOIN [tbl Patterns to delete from Allocation
table] ON ([tbl Allocations].TargetPID = [tbl Patterns to delete from
Allocation table].TargetPID) AND ([tbl Allocations].SourceNAME = [tbl
Patterns to delete from Allocation
table].SourceNAME)

WHERE ((([tbl Allocations].SourceNAME)=[tbl Patterns to delete from
Allocation table]![SourceNAME]) AND (([tbl Allocations].TargetPID)=[tbl
Patterns to delete from Allocation table]![TargetPID]));

Doris Manning
Database Administrator
Hargrove Inc.

When I try to run the sql below I get the message cannot delete from
specified tables. The tables are native to a stand alone access DB. I
have tried many combinations but still no luck.

DELETE [tbl Allocations].*, [tbl Allocations].SourceNAME, [tbl
Allocations].TargetPID

FROM [tbl Allocations] INNER JOIN [tbl Patterns to delete from
Allocation table] ON ([tbl Allocations].TargetPID = [tbl Patterns to
delete from Allocation table].TargetPID) AND ([tbl
Allocations].SourceNAME = [tbl Patterns to delete from Allocation
table].SourceNAME)

WHERE ((([tbl Allocations].SourceNAME)=[tbl Patterns to delete from
Allocation table]![SourceNAME]) AND (([tbl Allocations].TargetPID)=[tbl
Patterns to delete from Allocation table]![TargetPID]));

Chester Kaup

Engineering Technician

Kinder Morgan CO2 Company, LLP

Office (432) 688-3797