[AccessD] OT: work and employment

Kath Pelletti KP at sdsonline.net
Tue Jul 19 19:00:08 CDT 2005

Hi Marcel - Here are some links for Australian immigration.

Main website:
http://www.immigrationinfoaustralia.com/default.asp?fid=103076

You can also use the website to complete an assessment which will give you a 'score' (based on the points system). Essentially, based on your age, qualifications, family setup, health etc. they allocate you a score and that score can mean that you qualify as a skilled immigrant.

To see that page, go to:

https://www.migrationexpert.com/register.asp?type=1&fid=100135

I'm sure that your qualifications, age and skills would be fairly in demand in Australia - but it depends on what they are looking for at any point in time. A friend of mine's brother  who is mid 30's, married, 3 small children has just qualified to immigrate from Wales - he is a painter (walls, not art) and that is in demand right now.

Good luck.

Kath