[AccessD] Connecting MS Access 2000 to SQL Server 2000

Eric Barro ebarro at afsweb.com
Wed Jul 27 13:19:13 CDT 2005

Paul,

Instead of linking why not pull down the information using
DoCmd.TransferDatabase?

I have this code on one of my apps.

DoCmd.DeleteObject acTable, "myaccesstablename"

DoCmd.TransferDatabase acImport "ODBC Database",
"ODBC;DSN=mydsnconnectionname;UID=myuserid;PWD=mypassword;Language=us_englis
h;" _
& "DATABASE=mysqldatabasename", acTable, "mysqltablename",
"myaccesstablename"

ODBC by its very nature is slow and I've had the same issues before trying
to link SQL tables. This approach has solved that for me.

Eric