[AccessD] Locking question

Wed Jul 27 13:39:49 CDT 2005

Just a thought: if it really is related to the re-linking process, then why
not have the app. simply check the links, and only do a re-link if needed?

-----Original Message-----
From: accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com
[mailto:accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com] On Behalf Of Bobby Heid
Sent: Wednesday, July 27, 2005 2:17 PM
To: 'Access Developers discussion and problem solving'
Subject: [AccessD] Locking question

Hey,

Our clients use our system on a network where each user has a FE against the
BE on the server.  While the app was originally written to all be on the
local pc, it has migrated to the server.  Usually all goes well.

Well, this one client has some weird happenings going on.  One user will be
in the database in any given form.  Another user cannot get access to the BE
until the 1st user exits the form they were in.  The first thing the app
does is to relink the tables to the last BE that was loaded.  It sounds like
there are some sort of issues with locking and the LDB file.

Anyone have any pointers?

Thanks,
Bobby