[AccessD] Fwd: Quitting Application Problem

Jeremy Toves itsame2000 at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jul 27 20:06:28 CDT 2005

That seems to be part of it, but something has to happen to keep the database open once it hits the Else.  If I leave it as is, then the database closes when the form unloads.  Is there something I can code to keep the form loaded, even if somebody tries to close the application by hitting "x"?

Is there a way to hide the"x"?

Thanks,
Jeremy

Darren Dick <D.Dick at uws.edu.au> wrote:
Hi Jeremy
There are a number of ways.
Here's one

Have a frm call it say...frmHidden
Have it open each time your app is started. Put it in an AutoExec Macro.
(Lemme know if you are unsure what an AutoExec Macro is)

But have the macro open the form 'hidden' - IE not visible to anyone at
all.
In the On Unload or OnClose of that hidden form have something like...

If msgbox ("Are you sure you want to close Jeremy's way cool application
completely?",vbquestion + vbyesNo, "Confirm Application Close")=vbyes
then
'User chose yes so let 'em quit
'Put some code to here that allows them to exit gracefully
'IE close other forms, close reports, stop any processes etc
docmd.quit
Else
'User Chose no - so do nothing
End if

The way it works is...if the whole app is going to be closed then this
hidden form will be claosed also
Sparking the OnClose or OnUnload code thus allowing them to think about
closing completely or not
Via the message box that pops up

Hope this helps

Darren