[AccessD] Access security question

Steve Erbach erbachs at gmail.com
Mon Jun 6 16:21:45 CDT 2005

Dear Group,

I've converted an application to Access 2000 for a client. This
application is running on single user workstations at about a half
dozen places around the U.S. The question my client has is this:  Lets
say that the tables in the BE have Access security invoked. If the
FE/BE is distributed in MDE format with Access Runtime, can a user
with a full-bore package of Access start the application, break out of
it, and wind up with all the tables available to him for editing, etc?
This is provided that the security is administered by the software so
that the actual security password is not known by the user. Only user
names and application passwords would be known.

Or is it even possible for the application to handle Access security
like this. That is, can Access security work without a user explicitly
typing in a password?

Thank you.

Regards,

Steve Erbach