[AccessD]Error loading picture

Kath Pelletti KP at sdsonline.net
Sun Jun 12 02:22:02 CDT 2005

Re: this problem:

>When the user opens a form which attempts to load a .jpg or .gif picture the system come up with "...the database doesn't support the format of
>'E:\Database\Photos\Peru.jpg' so it can't load the picture.

I found a bizarre solution in a line on the Lebans website to the effect that if the file extension is upper case it is treated differently by Access to it being in lower case. Disbelieving, I tried it and it works. If I change the file extension of the 350 photos which this system uses (which I can do with one DOS command) from .jpg to .JPG then Access manages to load them correctly.

It's a bit of a bizarre solution but having uninstalled and re-installed the graphics filters for Office twice, then doing a complete re-installation of Office I am relieved to find any kind of a simple solution.

BTW - Marty - I did spend some tine on this:  http://www.lebans.com/loadjpeg­gif.htm but found that it was difficult to follow. Have you used it?

Kath