[AccessD] Normalize Pivot Table

Lavsa, Rich Rich_Lavsa at pghcorning.com
Wed Mar 23 07:27:25 CST 2005

Hello all,

I was just curious if anyone out there has ever written any code (ADO or
DAO) to Normalize a Pivot or Crosstab data table.
Reason: I get a data matrix that looks like a pivot table.  The matrix
is set up with formula's in excel so its easy for the outside company to
update the entire matrix and email the updated matrix to our users.
Problem is getting the updated data into a normalized state so it can be
used in the database.  I did try UNTOOLS
(http://www.CleanDataSystems.com) which works great for a 1 time
conversion, however I need this to be an automated approach where the
user simply has to copy the file to a specified directory then push a
button in the application to update the database.

Yesterday I had a very clear vision of how I'd write the code but this
morning my brain isn't working too clearly.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks,
Rich