[AccessD] Re: [dba-Tech] Overview of Sharepoint Server

Martin Reid mwp.reid at qub.ac.uk
Tue Mar 1 09:01:40 CST 2005

LOL

I have been discussing some stuff of list.

But in general SP also contains its own security systemn with lists etc. I
am doing two major reviews for a publisher on Sharepoint. I also did a
section on FrontPage 203 for Microsoft and I know there are a few articles
up on MSDN. Have a look for FrontPage 2003 and Sharepoint. Paul Litwin
wrote an article at the same time as me for them which dealt with Web
Parts/XML and Access.

Its really a trinity of Products - FrontPage 2003 (or .NET) Sharepoint
services and SharePoint Portal Server. The Portal Server provides great
indexing and searching capability for Sharepoint Services. But the main
development tool is Web parts. Web parts provide descrite functionality for
example a set of data from SQL Server, DB2 etc. ALso provides a single sign
on cabability for multiple systems.

Martin

--
Martin WP Reid