[AccessD] Link CSV file in VBA

Steve Conklin (Developer@UltraDNT) Developer at UltraDNT.com
Tue Mar 1 09:13:26 CST 2005

All do-able with DoCmd ...

Dig in help for all paramters yu will need, something like:

Sub ImportExport

DoCmd.TransferText acLinkDelim, , "tblCSV", "c:\temp\yada-yada.xls"
DoCmd.RunSQL "query name"
DoCmd.TransferText acExportDelim, , , "c:\temp\blah-blah.xls"

End Sub

Hth
Steve

-----Original Message-----
From: accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com
[mailto:accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com] On Behalf Of Sad Der
Sent: Tuesday, March 01, 2005 9:47 AM
To: Access Developers discussion and problem solving
Subject: Re: [AccessD] Link CSV file in VBA

Terri,

my mistake...I wasn't clear with my question. What I
meant was:
I need to link a csv file in Access 2000 USING VBA
does anybody know how to do this?

Background info:
I need to run 68 reports. They all have 1 or more csv
as input source. At this point we need to manually
link them as described by terri. This is very time
consuming. I want to create something so that the user
selects a report and then automagically the following
things happen:
- the required csv files are linked (or imported)
- the required queries are started
- the created table (via the queries) is exported to
Excel.

That's all.

Sander

--- Terri Jarus <jarus at amerinet-gpo.com> wrote:

> You do that exactly as you would link any other
> file/table.  Select File
> - Get External Data - Link Tables; select Text Files
> from Files of Type
> dropdown and select the appropriate file.
>
> That's all there is to it.
>
> Terri Jarus
> Vice President, Contract Services
> jarus at amerinet-gpo.com
> 314-542-1902

> Hi group,
>
> I need to link a csv file in Access 2000.
>
> Does anybody know how I can achieve this?
>
> Thnx
>
> Sander

---