[AccessD] HTML personalized mass mail

Gustav Brock Gustav at cactus.dk
Tue Mar 1 10:11:29 CST 2005

Hi Andy

OK, in that way the file for the body - including pictures - can have
any size.

The only issue I can see at the moment is, that "foreign" characters
(non US ASCII) are encoded in HTML.
How would I do that encoding? It is relevant as names here often
contain strange characters.

Or would it be enough just to specify the character set, which is
"ISO-8859-1", as the default for the document? Then any special
character can be "hardcoded" in the body.

/gustav

>>> andy at minstersystems.co.uk 01-03-2005 14:57:10 >>>
Hi Gustav
I had a go at this ages ago. The project never happened so I didn't
take it
very far but IIRC what I did (and it worked as far as it went) was
create an
HTML document as my template then, in Access, I read that in line by
line as
a text file, building up a string, replaced a recognisable bit of text
with
the required name, then plugged the string into the Outlook email's
.HTMLBody.

--
Andy Lacey
http://www.minstersystems.co.uk