[AccessD] "class not registered" error

MartyConnelly martyconnelly at shaw.ca
Tue Mar 1 14:34:28 CST 2005

There are a few things that can wrong with class wizards
Did you install Jet Version 8 or 7?
Here are some other things to try

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;303769
Usual cause

      Cause 5: There Is a Damaged Wizard File

        Resolution

1. Use Windows Explorer to locate the following wizard files:
Acwzmain.mde, Acwztool.mde and Acwzlib.mde.
2. Change the file name extension of each file to "old." For example,
change Acwzmain.mde to Acwzmain.old.
3. Reinstall Access to restore the files.

--
Marty Connelly
Victoria, B.C.