[AccessD] AXP Combobox Shows blank formatted date column

Erwin Craps - IT Helps Erwin.Craps at ithelps.be
Fri Mar 4 03:03:18 CST 2005

I'm not sure I understand the problem fully, but I believe to recognise
an issue I struggled with when running in a Access Runtime with
listboxes.

This was the case with listboxes rowsource property that was set from
VBA code.
Sometimes, with some users it was blanc whatever I did...
Only in the Runtime version, not in Full Access.

The problem lies in the rowsource property.
Because I build the SQL string in VBA code to set it when selecting
stuff, I used to leave the rowsource property empty.  By dooing this the
runtime does not know how to build the colomns (fields) of the listbox.
It is posible this was only with an unbound control, I don't know that.

The solution is to always set the rowsource property with a correct SQL
string so the runtime knows when opening the form how much fields there
are.
I also tend to set my sql string criteria to "Somefield is null" so I
was sure no data was displayed when first opening the form.

This is true for A2K runtime, don't know for others, but since then I
always program it this way.

Erwin