[AccessD] Automating parameterized action queries.....

Susan Harkins ssharkins at bellsouth.net
Tue Mar 8 10:17:37 CST 2005

Rocky -- so you've got a fixed query that's using a function to retrieve the
selected item in a list or combo box?

Susan H.

Sander:

I always take parameters from a form.  Don't like to let the users muck
around in the database container.  So get the parameter into the query I
make a

Public Function GetParameterX
   GetParameterX=Forms!frmWhatever!txtBoxHoldingParameter
End Function

Then in the query under criteria I put GetParameterX() and it fetches the
contents of the text box from the form when it runs.

Probably not the most elegant solution but it works and its easy.  But you
have to run the query from the form.

The users I write for prefer it.  Almost none of them would know how to run
a query from the database container and most don't even know what a query
is.

HTH

Rocky Smolin
Beach Access Software