[AccessD] report grouping on the fly?

Rocky Smolin - Beach Access Software bchacc at san.rr.com
Tue Mar 8 11:59:43 CST 2005

Roz:

On many of the reports in the manufacturing app I give the users three
levels of sorting on fields which they select from a combo box.  The report
is set up with three groupings defaulted to some low level field like part
number.  Then, in the Open event of the report I set the grouping field:

Me.GroupLevel(0).ControlSource =
Forms!frmSupplySideReport!cboSort1.Column(0)
Me.GroupLevel(1).ControlSource =
Forms!frmSupplySideReport!cboSort2.Column(0)
Me.GroupLevel(2).ControlSource =
Forms!frmSupplySideReport!cboSort3.Column(0)

HTH

Rocky Smolin
Beach Access Software
http://www.e-z-mrp.com