[AccessD] TOP 30 for multiple theaters.

Scott Marcus marcus at tsstech.com
Mon Mar 14 06:41:30 CST 2005

Would something like this work (at least it does on my computer)?

SELECT B.TheatreID, B.Movie, B.Tickets
FROM tblBoxoffice AS B
WHERE B.id In (SELECT TOP 30 A.id
FROM tblBoxoffice AS A
WHERE A.TheatreID=B.TheatreID
ORDER BY A.TICKETS DESC)
ORDER BY B.TheatreID, B.Tickets DESC;

Tables:

tblBoxoffice
   id         autonumber
   Movie      Text
   Tickets    Long
   TheatreID  Long

tblTheatre
   id         autonumber
   Theatre    Text

Scott Marcus
TSS Technologies, Inc.
marcus at tsstech.com

Is it posible, and how do I do this to create a query with the folowing
result.

Movietheatre X, movie 1, tickets, boxoffice
Movietheatre X, movie 1, tickets, boxoffice
Movietheatre X, movie 1, tickets, boxoffice
Movietheatre X, movie 1, tickets, boxoffice
Movietheatre X, movie 1, tickets, boxoffice

Erwin Craps

Zaakvoerder

www.ithelps.be/onsgezin

This E-mail is confidential, may be legally privileged, and is for the
intended recipient only. Access, disclosure, copying, distribution, or
reliance on any of it by anyone else is prohibited and may be a criminal
offence. Please delete if obtained in error and E-mail confirmation to
the sender.

IT Helps - I.T. Help Center  ***  Box Office Belgium & Luxembourg

www.ithelps.be <http://www.ithelps.be/>   *  www.boxoffice.be
<http://www.boxoffice.be/>   *  www.stadleuven.be
<http://www.stadleuven.be/>

IT Helps bvba* ** Mercatorpad 3 **  3000 Leuven

IT Helps  *  Phone: +32 16 296 404  *  Fax: +32 16 296 405 E-mail:
Info at ithelps.be

Box Office **  Fax: +32 16 296 406 **  Box Office E-mail:
Staff at boxoffice.be <mailto:figures at boxoffice.be>