[AccessD] Speed of 2000 vs 2003

Francisco Tapia fhtapia at gmail.com
Wed Mar 16 12:02:38 CST 2005

Rocky,
  If you are trying to avoid generating additional licensing fees for
your customer, you can always push the mdb into MSDE or the newer Sql
Server 2005 express which is acctually the best MSDE release to date
because the governating process is off now, and you can run
essentially all the queries you need at a time.. but it is restricted
to 1 cpu.

HTH

On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 11:45:46 -0600, DWUTKA at marlow.com <DWUTKA at marlow.com> wrote:
> You need to go with local processing, which doesn't necessarily mean SQL
> Server.  Using an Access (Jet) .mdb with a Web interface, where the .mdb
> resides on the webserver, allows for very fast data access/searching.
>
> Drew

-Francisco
http://pcthis.blogspot.com | PC news with out the jargon!