[AccessD] Access & Terminal Services

Gustav Brock Gustav at cactus.dk
Wed Mar 23 08:41:12 CST 2005

Hi Andy

If this is for a single user you could just use remote control.
Or - for a setup like Termincal Server but at a fraction of the license
cost - study here:

  http://www.thinsoftinc.com/products_winconserver_info.html

/gustav

>>> andy at minstersystems.co.uk 03/23 2:19 pm >>>
Hi all

Never used TS but may be doing so soon. I could use some advice from
those
of you who've done it.

If I have an A97 application which I wanted to make available to a home
user
via TS would you expect there to be any code changes necessary? The FE
links
to a single BE, which is located on a Novell server - is that an issue?
Can
TS be setup so that all drive mappings are the same as a desktop's? The
app
emails via Outlook - will that just run as normal? Ah but we now use
Redemption - so I guess Redemption would need loading on the TS
server.
Anyone done that? And we send faxes using Zetafax. I don't imagine
anyone
knows the answer to that one, but is it 100% reliable to say that if an
app
works on a W2000 workstation it will work just the same under TS?