[AccessD] Access & Terminal Services

Marcel Vreuls vrm at tim-cms.com
Wed Mar 23 08:57:13 CST 2005

Hi Andy,

I use TS over the internet in combination with ADSL and cable connections a
lot with my customers. Finally get rid of pc-nowwhere, thightvnc,etc.

What you have to do is a client install of your application on the TS.

If your TS is an domainserver all drivemappings will be as usual conform the
loginscript because users are authenticated by the domain controller. If not
you have to be sure that the TS has the same drivemappings that are
necessary for your app. What type of fileserver you are running does not
matter.

Outlook and PRINTING are difficult. If your TS is in a domain the domain
profile will be used on the TS and also outlook is working ok. But this
depends on the installation and architecture of your network. Printing is to
the local available printers. Keep in mind local meens local for the TS and
so mostly not on you own location.

I did not have any code changes to my A97, A2k apps using TS and am using
redemption also with my clients. No problemo
As fax solution we use Winfax and Castell fax the both work well within TS

My experience is that a app which works on windows NT and higher works well
on TS. The main thing you have to get focussed on is that a TS session is a
client session on the server so ALL software needed to run you app on the
normal clients have to be installed on your TS server.

Kind regards

Marcel Vreuls