[AccessD] CrossTab Query - 12 Month "sliding scale"

Lawrence Mrazek lmrazek at lcm-res.com
Wed Mar 23 16:16:18 CST 2005

Hi:

I'm currently having a bit of problem creating a Crosstab query for a twelve
month period, with the period starting from a user-selected value.
Thus, if user selects a date in June 2004, I want the report to display data
from June-2004 to May 2005 ... My current code is below. (I want to have
static headings so I can bind the query to a report).

TRANSFORM Sum(qryMonthlyProduction.SumOfBags) AS SumOfSumOfBags
SELECT qryMonthlyProduction.ProductionFacility,
qryMonthlyProduction.ProductionLine, qryMonthlyProduction.Shift,
Sum(qryMonthlyProduction.SumOfBags) AS [Total Of SumOfBags]
FROM qryMonthlyProduction
GROUP BY qryMonthlyProduction.ProductionFacility,
qryMonthlyProduction.ProductionLine, qryMonthlyProduction.Shift
ORDER BY "Month" &
DateDiff("m",[DateEntered],DateAdd("m",11,[Forms]![frmWeeklyReportCriteria]!
[txtWeek]))
PIVOT "Month" &
DateDiff("m",[DateEntered],DateAdd("m",11,[Forms]![frmWeeklyReportCriteria]!
[txtWeek]));

When I run this, it displays the fields in the following order (I'd like the
months to be arranged in order):

Production Facility - ProductionLine - Shift - Total of SumOfBags - Month0 -
Month1 - Month10 - Month11 - Month2 - Month3 ... Month9

Any hints? Thanks in advance!

Larry Mrazek
LCM Research, Inc.
www.lcm-res.com