[AccessD] The Polyp Problem

Susan Harkins ssharkins at bellsouth.net
Mon Mar 28 11:48:14 CST 2005

Out of the story and back to the theme: as contractors, we MUST learn which
customers create profitable experiences and which create headaches
-- and then to act upon that information and fire the latter group. Let the
stupid contractors have all the nightmares!

===========Arthur -- good lesson and one I'm currently working through
myself. I guess it's the tax season or something, but I realized that I've
not had a raise in 6 years. Publishers pay me what they want, not what I
demand -- and this is typical of the business. There's just nothing I can
really do about it. But, what I can do is stop working for the publishers
that pay the least, and that's what I'm working on now -- phasing these guys
out. Of course, that means I have to find publishers that pay more -- can't
dump the baby's bath yet. And there's always the possibility that once I'm
unavailable they may cough up more money, but it is unlikely. The business
just doesn't work like that unless you're top cheese.

Susan H.