[AccessD] Match the spouse

Susan Harkins ssharkins at bellsouth.net
Wed Mar 30 07:44:40 CST 2005

So, the problem is which employee is the family anchor, right?

Self join to the spouse pk. Lots of records will be empty of course, but the
alternative would be a new table and I'm not sure that's really necessary.

Susan H.

Cross posted
Hi,
I have to modify the design of my human resources database (workers in the
factory) to add a feature to match the spouse if the spouse works here too.
And it would be great too to avoid duplicationg the kids records, which are
in separate table in one to many relation with the main table.
Are there any suggestions?
Many TIA,
        Ervin