[AccessD] Dynamic number of rows on a report

Joe Rojas JRojas at tnco-inc.com
Wed Mar 30 10:08:57 CST 2005

I think I may have been unclear in my description of my problem.
The need to display a dynamic number of "rows" on my report is to provide
space on the report for people to manually write in the information by hand.

My table that holds the information for the measurements to be check for a
particular part looks like this:
PartNumber, Attribute, DeviceUsed

So if there were only one attribute to check for a particular part number,
the table would contain a row that looks like:
32-5500		Ø.250 ± .005	DC

Now the problem is, if the shop order is for part number 32-5500 and the
order quantity is 50 then I would need to display 50 "lines" on the report
for the operator to fill in their measurements.
By "lines" I mean boxed in areas for provide a space on the report for the
operator to write in.
What I have now is an empty label with a solid border in the detail section
of the report.

I was trying to think of a way that would allow the number of "lines" that
are printed on the report to be dynamic and dependent on the order quantity
that is entered prior to printing the report.

My original idea was to insert blank lines into a table prior to opening the
report. The report will use this table so that the detail section will
"repeat" for each blank line in the table. In essence, giving the correct
number of lines need for that particular report.

I was wondering if anyone had a better idea.

Thanks,
JR