[AccessD] A2003: Design Q

Darren Dick D.Dick at uws.edu.au
Mon May 2 08:10:32 CDT 2005

Hello all
Quick q about table design preferences (Membership dB)

I am storing the Addresses in a seperate table from the Members Table
and linking the two with the MemberID in the Address table as a Foreign key

Just wondering how far I should go with this.
Should I keep basic contact details such as phone, mobile, email etc in a seperate table linked with an FK?
Should I keep special Identifiers such as drivers licence, SocialSec. No,Medicare No, DoB etc in another seperated table linked with an FK
Should I keep a seperate table of Names eg FirstName, MiddleName, LastName etc sepaerated into another table

I know there has been some discussion recently about this and I see some people on the list are storing addresses seperate from the 'host' table. Just wondering what is too far? EG Names, Contact Details, Identifiers etc

Many thanks in advance

Darren