[AccessD] A2003: Unbound form Question (He asks as he ducks)

Darren Dick D.Dick at uws.edu.au
Thu May 5 21:12:35 CDT 2005

Hi Team
I know I know - the subject alone might cause heart palpitations for
some of you <grin>

I am experimenting using a 'generic' unbound form
If I can get it to work I can get rid of 6 forms in my dB and replace
them all with 1 generic

So I have never used 'em (unbound forms that is), so I am a complete
amateur.

I am hoping to do all this using a continuous form - Don't know if that
matters so I am mentioning it now:~))

What I intend doing is creating the desired recordset from a 'calling
form' and passing it to the generic
form as the generic form's record source. That's the easy bit I know how
to do that.
How then do I get the controls 'binding' to various fields in the
various tables
Say I want txtGeneric1 on the generic form to display rs!MemberID And
then say txtGeneric2 to
display rs!LastName etc

Of course the controls txtGeneric1 and txtGeneric2 won't have be bound
to a recordsource
'cause the data they show can come from one of 6 tables and be 'bound'
to any field name

So

All the unbounders and even the bounders (and Cads) - lemme have it
(Nicely though)

See ya

Darren