[AccessD] OT: Weekend wisdom

Chris Enright cclenright at yahoo.com
Sat May 14 14:26:24 CDT 2005

I didn't dare call it humour!

I was in a pub in Somerset, England yesterday and saw a photocopy of a
poem on the wall. Wrote down the first two lines and did an internet
search when I went back to my hotel. No joy, so went back today and
copied it down. So, with apologies to the author, who I cannot give
credit to, and as  a tribute to the the lady programmers on this list
from whom I have learned most of my programming over the last eight
years, here is one for your wall.............(albeit in the other three
weeks)

One Week In Four

There’s a blight that affects many women
It’s a syndrome that’s hard to ignore;
Transforms angels to bitches
And it comes around one week in four.

You had better watch out, all you partners
Though it’s you she does love and adore;
Things go quickly off course,
She’ll find grounds for divorce
Till things go back to normal once more.

She might burst into tears for no reason
Her reaction out of all proportion;
When emotions run rife
There’ll be trouble and strife
So beware – and approach with caution.

She might fly off the handle for nothing
And violent acts might ensue
Angry voices will be spoken
Precious ornaments broken
And the baddie will always be YOU!

Yes, your world may well end up in turmoil
And your loved one may seem like a stranger
But I strongly advise
That you don’t criticise
If you do …… your life may be in danger.

This complete transformation will pain her
She’ll despise herself deep in her soul
But this state she bemoans
Is all down to hormones
And is sadly beyond her control.