[AccessD] OT - Workgroup Issues

Reuben Cummings reuben at gfconsultants.com
Fri May 20 10:59:03 CDT 2005

I need help fixing my peer-to-peer network.

After going to a two day conference at Purdue University where I only
connected to Purdue's wireless network long enough to read the instructions
for connecting (a VPN was required) and then disconnecting without creating
a VPN and shutting off my wireless card for the rest of the conference...

I can no longer get into "Workgroup" and therefore cannot access any of the
computers here.  If a computer had a mapped drive to mine they can still get
on mine, but I do not show as a computer in the Workgroup.

If I try to view the entire network, after I click on "Workgroup" there is
about a 10-12 second delay and then I get this message:
"Workgroup is not accessible.  You might not permission to use this network
resource.  Contact the administrator of this server to find out if you have
access permissions.     The list of servers for this workgroup is not
currently available."

What the heck does that mean?

AND, I can print to the network printer and browse the net fine.  I have
tried to release and renew IP's on both the wireless connectiong and
ethernet card on this computer.  Restarted every computer, printer, and
router on the network.

Please help.  This is really killing productivity.

Reuben Cummings
GFC, LLC
phone: 812.523.1017
email: reuben at gfconsultants.com