[AccessD] OT: can't see workgroup

John W. Colby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Thu May 26 08:05:05 CDT 2005

Guys,

Windows Workgroup, wireless router that is the dhcp controller,
192.168.122.100-200 are the dhcp addresses.  Has worked in the past, not
sure how or when it stopped working.

None of my computers can "see the workgroup" anymore.  In investigating the
problem I have run into "browser" advice, but that seems to be for
supporting old systems, and all of my systems are Windows XP.  All of the
systems can see the internet, send/receive email etc.  They can ping each
other, they just can't see each other when I try and view Microsoft Windows
Network.

Can someone explain how the process works.  Any suggestions for
troubleshooting?

http://folding.stanford.edu/