[AccessD] Current Control Name

Susan Harkins ssharkins at bellsouth.net
Fri May 6 10:32:56 CDT 2005

Karen;

Are you trying to glean the control's text or the control's name? I don't
understand what you mean by "pulling the text to the right of the Ctl" -- to
you mean

controlname & controltext

Have you tried ctl.Name where ctl is an Access Control object? Not sure
that's what you're after though.

Susan H.

I have several controls on a form.  Each is named as Ctl1_IF.  I want to be
able to capture the name of each control, pulling the text to the right of
the Ctl and use it in calculations.  I am tired of typing it over and
over... and it is Friday so where is all the humor at?  Here is an example
of one of the pieces of code

Private Sub Ctl1_IF_AfterUpdate()

        If (me.[1-IF] > 99) Then
	me.result = "FAIL"
        End If

Question is, sucking out the name of the current control...

Thanks.