[AccessD] Using ADO to open a non-caching recordset

Stuart McLachlan stuart at lexacorp.com.pg
Sat May 7 13:49:38 CDT 2005

On 7 May 2005 at 7:55, Darsant Silverstring wrote:

> Is it possible to open a recordset without it pulling a cache of the
> current records? With the execute command in ADO I know you can tell
> it to not return a recordset, but not sure if there's a "Add only"
> recordset option. Forward-Only looks like it might help, but I can't
> seem to see a performance increase using this type only.
>
> I'm still fairly new to using ADO but any suggestions are welcome!

Don't bother to open a recordset at all (ADO or DAO). Just us Jet SQL.

strSQL = "Insert into tblNames (LName,FName) values('Fred','Nurk')"

CurrentDb.Execute  strSQL
or
Docmd.RunSQL strSQL

If you use SQL for all your data manipulation code, you don't even need a
reference to the ADO or DAO libraries in your mdb.

--
Stuart