[AccessD] Upgrading to 2003...

Rocky Smolin - Beach Access Software bchacc at san.rr.com
Mon May 9 09:27:07 CDT 2005

Julie:

No, that's the one thing I needed that wasn't in there.  You would think
that since they're designing the program to encourage third party software
they'd give it to you.  10 licenses for Office 2003 pro.  But no VSTO.  10
licenses for WinXP pro.  But no VSTO.  Project, Visio, Map Point, Front
Page, Publisher, Contact Manager, Small Business Server (Premium!), One
Note, Live Communications Server, Sharepoint, SQL Server, Exchange Server,
Breakfast Server, etc., etc.  But no VSTO.

So I called and asked why not.  NO answer.  But I put in my vote for it.  In
the meantime I got a copy of Access Developer Extensions (not VSTO), but I
think that there's no reason why you can't deploy run-times without it.
AFAICT, it just makes you street legal with Microsoft.

Rocky