[AccessD] Run excel macro

Michael Maddison michael at ddisolutions.com.au
Wed May 11 20:24:19 CDT 2005

I had code that did similar that worked fine in 97.  When the client
upgraded to XP it broke with the message
you are getting.  I could find no solution!!!!!!!!!  IIRC MS is aware of
the bug.  We did a work around by making the user
run the solver manually.  This was acceptable in my case as they only
needed the functionality once each year.

If you stop your code just before your call, bring Excel to the front ,
select Solver from the menu, closer Solver,
let your code run it should work :-/

If you do get it working can you let me know?

cheers

Michael M

I have code to open a excel spreadsheet and paste some data from access
into it. Code runs fine. I have a macro built into the spreadsheet that
runs the solver addin fine in the spreadsheet. I then tried to run the
macro from access with the following code.

objExcelApp.Run "SolverTest" also tried objExcelApp.Run ("SolverTest")

I get a message solver experienced an error or system ran out of memory.
Am a calling the macro wrong or what do I need to do. Help please.