[AccessD] Front End Updater

Francisco Tapia fhtapia at gmail.com
Thu May 12 19:21:06 CDT 2005

That still sucks, the updater I put together checks the ver through the day
(about once every hour), a small tiny file less than 1k, that's not a big
deal but if I was gonna incorporate wan, i'd slow the check to once on boot
up of the software and once per day (if they never shut down). having to
dowload whatever the FE size is every time you wanna use the application
makes it feel clunky.

On 5/12/05, John W. Colby <jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com> wrote:

> On a local lan I just have a batch file that does the download every time
> the user loads the FE. Over a low speed wan this might be problematic,
> though over a high speed internet connection it would probably work just
> fine.
>
> John W. Colby
> www.ColbyConsulting.com <http://www.ColbyConsulting.com>
>
> Contribute your unused CPU cycles to a good cause:
> http://folding.stanford.edu/

-Francisco
http://pcthis.blogspot.com |PC news with out the jargon!